MIG office building in Cracow commissioned before deadline
Eiffage Polska Budownictwo (EPB) has finished all construction and fit-out works on the new office building for MIG S.A. Initially, only a general contractor agreement had been signed; in April 2018, its scope was extended to include the comprehensive finishing and furbishing of all office spaces and common areas, as well as interior arrangement (the full fit-out service).
EPB has obtained the certificate of occupancy for, and handed over to the investor – MIG Real Estate Sp. z o.o., the office and services building in ul. Życzkowskiego in Cracow. Its future sole user will be Marketing Investment Group S.A.
– „We are well pleased with the quality and timeliness of works executed by EPB. The technical solutions proposed by Eiffage will help extend the life cycle of our office building, and the investment in energy-saving technologies will pay for itself in just a few years” – said Zbigniew Grząka, Vice-President of MIG Real Estate Sp. z o.o.
The building is fitted with smart technology solutions, which will allow to reduce energy and water consumption, and thus significantly lower the running costs. As a result, the negative environmental impact of the building, or its environmental footprint, will be significantly reduced.
– „Smart and ecological solutions as well as efficient project implementation have long been Eiffage’s trademarks” – commented Marek Kowalik, Head of Southern Region, Eiffage Polska Budownictwo.
With gross volume of almost 28,000 m3, the building has 6 storeys (including one underground). Within the scope of construction works, EPB has constructed i.a. a ventilated façade which provides excellent thermal insulation and ensures better resistance to the harmful effects of weather. In the windows, high-performance coated glazing with superior noise reduction parameters has been used, which has additionally improved sound insulation.
Within the scope of the fit-out service, EPB has designed and executed:
- a state-of-the-art lighting control system responding to changes in weather and users’ behaviour, allowing for ongoing monitoring of electricity consumption;
- a mechanical ventilation system using top-of-the-range air handling units with air quality sensors detecting CO2 levels;
- a three-pipe HVAC system that performs the function of simultaneous heating and cooling with heat recovery for office buildings;
- a smart water and wastewater system for rational water consumption, with electromagnetic valves cutting off water supply in the absence of users.
The initial general contractor agreement was signed mid-June 2017 and provided for the completion of all works within 12 months, i.e. by the end of June 2018. In April 2018, EPB was additionally commissioned by MIG with the designing and finishing of office spaces and common areas, as well as interior arrangement, which was to extend the completion date by 1 month.
Completion of the building in such a short time was possible thanks to the experience of Eiffage teams and good work organization. Last year, EPB also successfully completed BREMA office building in Katowice.
Project in numbers:
- Address: ul. Życzkowskiego, Cracow
- Number of storeys: 6 (5 above ground, 1 underground)
- Gross Floor Area: 7,490.11 m2
- Gross Building Volume: 27,993.32 m3
- General Contractor: Eiffage Polska Budownictwo
- Investor: MIG Real Estate Sp. z o.o.
- Completion time (construction, fit-out, commissioning): less than 13 months (including 12 months for construction works)