“Dom przy Źródle” – a new project in Cracow jointly developed by Eiffage Immobilier Polska and Eiffage Polska Budownictwo
In Stare Podgórze, Cracow’s newest up-and-coming district on the east bank of the Vistula river, the companies of Eiffage Group are implementing a new joint project in the residential construction sector. “Dom przy Źródle”, whose main contractor is Eiffage Polska Budownictwo, with Eiffage Immobilier Polska as the investor, is being developed at the corner of streets: Podskale and Kalwaryjska, near Rondo Matecznego, a roundabout.
The sale of apartments in “Dom przy Źródle”, the new investment of Eiffage Immobilier Polska in Cracow, has started. The building will hold 80 apartments, with the number of rooms ranging from one to four. The floor area of each apartment will be from 26 m2 to 85 m2, with either a bright separate kitchen or a functional kitchenette. Most of them are two- or three-room apartments of medium size, but on the top floor there will be spacious penthouses with terraces, with panoramic views of the Wawel Hill and the city skyline. In the shared outdoor space at the back of the building, there will be a patio with a small green area, with dedicated room for bicycle racks and a service station. Also, there will be a roof garden on top of the building. Altogether, 88 parking spaces will be available in the underground car park.
On the side of Kalwaryjska, apartments for young people, who appreciate the hustle and bustle of urban life, have been planned. The apartments overlooking Podskale (a quiet, little street which remains true to the traditional quaint atmosphere of the Stare Podgórze district) and the patio have been designed for those who look for more peace and quiet but still wish to be close to the city centre. For more comfort, apartments facing a street will have windows with better sound insulation.
“Dom przy Źródle” will be located in one of Cracow’s currently most attractive districts – Stare Podgórze, which aspires to repeat the success of the other two very popular districts of the city, Kazimierz and Zabłocie. Thanks to the rich gastronomic, recreational and educational infrastructure, it is ideal for people who value active recreation and easy access to the attractions of the city. Podgórze boasts restaurants, fitness clubs, a shopping mall with a cinema, while the Vistula Boulevards and the surrounding parks and green spaces invite for walks. Families with children can also feel at home here, due to the proximity of schools and nurseries, health centres and pharmacies.
Apart from Rondo Matecznego – one of the main junctions of the district, there are other interesting location advantages. It is not more than a 12-minute walk away from two large parks – Bednarski Park and Florian Nowacki Planty, as well as the banks of the Vistula River. Another one is hidden in the project’s name – “Dom przy Źródle”, which literally translates as “The House at the Spring”, refers to the nearby balneotherapy centre “Mateczny Zdrój”. The early-20th century spa building houses a spring of mineral waters discovered by Antoni Mateczny, whose name was given to the nearby roundabout. Surrounded by a beautiful old park, the resort remains an undiscovered pearl of Podgórze.
– “After the small, high-end apartment building in Warsaw’s Sadyba neighbourhood, we took up the challenge of developing another unconventional project in a very interesting location, in Stare Podgórze in Cracow”, said Tymon Nowosielski, President of the Board,Eiffage Immobilier Polska. “We want to draw on the history of this place and at the same time create a modern building that meets the expectations of demanding customers. I am convinced that the combination of 30 years of experience of Eiffage Polska Budownictwo with the dynamics of Eiffage Immobilier Polska will again translate into efficient implementation”.
“Dom przy Źródle” is the second investment of Eiffage Immobilier Polska. The first project developed by the company is the small apartment building “Villa Sadyba” in Sadyba, a picturesque part of the Warsaw district of Mokotów. In both cases, the general contractor is the consotrium of Eiffage Polska Budownictwo and Eiffage Polska Serwis, two companies from Eiffage group in Poland.
Project in numbers:
- Address: ul. Kalwaryjska / ul. Podskale, Kraków-Podgórze
- Number of above-ground storeys: 5
- Number of apartment units: 80
- Number of parking spaces in the underground car park: 88
- Floor areas of apartments: from 26 m2 to 85 m2
- General contractor: Eiffage Polska Budownictwo & Eiffage Polska Serwis
- Investor: Eiffage Immobilier Polska
- Architect: Wojciech Ciechan (B2 Studio)
- Planned completion date (core and shell): end of 2019
- The project’s website: www.domprzyzrodle.pl