Eiffage Polska Budownictwo to construct the next two stages of Browary Warszawskie
Eiffage Polska Budownictwo (EPB) has signed a general contractor agreement for the construction of 5 interconnected multi-family apartment buildings with service premises. They constitute Stages D & F of Browary Warszawskie (Warsaw Breweries) – the flagship investment project of Echo Investment, developed on the grounds of historic 19th-century breweries in the Warsaw district of Wola.
Under the current agreement, EPB will develop altogether 451 apartments with service premises in buildings with the number of storeys ranging from 6 to 18. The tallest building – an 18-storey tower block – will rise to over 62 metres. All buildings will be interconnected through one two-storey underground car park, partly under the inner courtyard, with places for cars and bicycles. Further parking places for bicycles will be provided on bicycle racks in the covered gateways under 4 connectors. The total gross floor area of the buildings to be constructed under Stages D & F will be around 30,000m², and the usable floor area of all apartments will total 19,000 m².
An eye-catching element of the buildings will be its original façade, carefully integrated into its surroundings. It will be composed of screens made of light grey brickwork, fixed directly to the concrete cornice. From the technical point of view, its execution will also be unusual – just the bricklaying will take over a year, more than twice as long as using the currently most popular technologies.
– “A typical façade is much less time-consuming – in new buildings, less labour-intensive decorative panels, stone cladding or seamless thermal insulation systems are more commonplace” – said Paweł Paś, Project Manager at Eiffage Polska Budownictwo. “But here, we will need to render high-quality masonry workmanship, in particular in terms of brick bonding and joints (grouting), as well as the architectural details of concrete cornices, clearly visible on the façade of the building. The façade of the 18-storey tower block will take the longest. By that time, the finishing works will already have started in the other four buildings.”
Apart from the façade, high-quality workmanship will also be required for window and door framing and joinery. The windows will be fitted into the finished façade and not, as usual, directly into the wall. The same will be done with the internal doors, which will be topped off with portals. EPB will also finish entrance halls in each building using premium quality materials.
Browary Warszawskie is being developed within the block of streets: Grzybowska, Wronia, Chłodna and Krochmalna, which Echo Investment wants to weave back into the fabric of the city. The new urban quarter being created here will be open to all visitors and will encompass residential and office buildings as well as public squares, rest and recreation areas, cafes, restaurants and shops. The key advantages of the complex are its location near the centre of Warsaw and the availability of well-developed public transport, including the close proximity of an underground station.
The general contractor agreement for Stages D & F is the second agreement signed by Eiffage Polska Budownictwo with the investor of Browary Warszawskie, one of the most interesting development projects in Warsaw in recent years. In October 2017, EPB commenced construction works on Stages B & C, on the opposite side of Krochmalna. Completion of construction works on the latter stages is planned for 2019, and the whole investment is scheduled to be finished in 2020.
Apartamenty przy Bramie (Browary Warszawskie Stages D & F) in numbers:
- Address: ul. Wronia/ul. Krochmalna, Warsaw
- Gross Building Volume: 139,907 m3
- Footprint: 3,052 m2
- GFA (buildings): 30,010 m²
- GFA (underground): 9,620 m²
- UFA (apartments): 19,000 m2
- Number of underground storeys: 2
- Number of above-ground storeys: 6, 7, 8, 9 and 18
- Number of apartments: 451
- General contractor: Eiffage Polska Budownictwo
- Investor: Echo Investment
- Architect: JEMS Architekci
- Planned completion: 2020
More information on Browary Warszawskie: http://bw-echo.com.pl/