Eiffage Polska Budownictwo commences extension of Volkswagen Poznań plant in Antoninek
Eiffage Polska Budownictwo has signed a contract with Volkswagen Poznań Sp. z o.o. for the construction of a welding hall with a logistics warehouse. It is the second project developed by Eiffage for Volkswagen. Previously, the two companies cooperated on the construction of another Volkswagen plant near Września, where production of the new Volkswagen Crafter model started in 2016.
In Antoninek, Eiffage Polska Budownictwo will develop a new welding hall with a logistics warehouse. The new building is one of the elements necessary to prepare the factory for the production of new generations of cars, also with alternative drive, which is to start as early as in 2020.
– We are pleased that Volkswagen Poznań has again entrusted the execution of its investment project to our company – said Rafał Strugała, Director of the North-West Region and – since June 2018 – Management Board Member of Eiffage Polska Budownictwo. – We have experience delivering similar projects for the largest companies from the automotive industry. We treat every new contract in this sector as an opportunity to further develop our competence and expertise in this area.
The closed shell construction of the new logistics warehouse is scheduled to be completed by the end of December 2018, with the first deliveries of parts planned to arrive in March next year. To be able to successfully deliver the project within this short timeframe, proper work organization and coordination of all Eiffage teams will be essential. As an added value, the new warehouse will allow the use of the latest logistics solutions, which will reduce the lorry traffic in the plant’s vicinity.
The total expenditures on the expansion of the plant are planned to exceed EUR 400 million over the coming several years. This includes the construction costs of new buildings, the purchase and installation of new manufacturing equipment, as well as the costs of staff training.
The latest contract signed with Volkswagen Poznań is another large project executed by Eiffage in the industrial construction segment. Over the last two years, the company delivered investment projects for Unilever in Poznań and for Volkswagen in Września. Currently, works are also underway on the construction of the new Mercedes-Benz engine factory in Jawor near Legnica.
Contract in numbers:
- Address: Poznań, ul. Warszawska 349 (east of ul. Smołdzinowska)
- GFA: 48,578.20 m2
- UFA: 46,743.05 m2
- Investor: Volkswagen Poznań Sp. z o.o.
- General contractor: Eiffage Polska Budownictwo S.A.
- Planned completion: December 2018
- Scope of works: shell construction (closed)